This one’s gonna be a doozy. I feel like I keep saying this over and over in blog posts, but really actually this time this – Laura + Jon’s Willow Springs Winery wedding – was probably the best actual wedding ever. I have evidence of this that I will kindly show you below, but first let me talk about it. I’m gonna make a list because I love lists. Lists are basically the only way for me to semi-organize my disorganized self.
1) Bride is such a hottie with a body and wore the most epicly backless wedding dress I’ve ever seen and covered the rest of herself in gorgeous gold bridal jewellery, including gold engagement ring and gold wedding band.
2) Groom is also a hottie with a body and wore a super fitted groom suit with a modern twist on the classic gold wedding ring
2.5) bride and groom have the most photogenic chemistry ever. you’ll see. you. will see.
3) two of the groomsmen (neither of them being the token gay groomsman; he behaved himself at least until we left) did a running-jump-and-lift-open-mouthed-kiss as part of the “make the bride and groom kiss” game. YES we caught it and HECK YES the pics are in this post, as are pics of one of them dancing with his wife later. LOL.
4) Everybody cried.
5) SHOTS. The wedding party welcomed everyone at the end of the receiving line, only letting them into the tent for dinner after they’d done a shot. A particular groomsman was 100% matching the guests shot for shot, at least until I stopped looking, but I swear I saw him do literally 8 in a row and I know those weren’t his first drinks of the day and I *KNOW* he didn’t stop after that. And he even made it to, through, and beyond dinner. Impressive. His hilariously smiling drunkface makes many appearances in and around the series of receiving pictures below. Also in that series is #6 on the list,
6) Classy old folks doing shots. So many pictures of classy old folks doing shots I couldn’t even begin to choose.
7) Jon left several notes and gifts for Laura before the ceremony and even wrote notes on the bottoms of her shoes. And he may have cried more than she did.
8) Fantastic MCs. They were 1 each from the bride’s wedding party and groom’s wedding party, and they gave me their best Veronica Corningstone and Ron Burgundy pose at the podium (OBVIOUSLY pictured below)
Trying to choose “the best” from this wedding for blogging was like (as I said directly to Laura and Jon themselves) having 2500 different but equally delicious pieces of cake in front of me to sample and only being able to have like 5-10% of them, and having to actually MAKE THE CHOICE of which cakes to try. Impossible.
Dress, Venue, Decor, etc at bottom.
This is Laura + Jon’s Willow Springs Winery Wedding.